the.gipster: kaladkarin
 

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Putting the Gloves On

Right after Jill whispered to me that I really have got do something regarding my weight.. That was the time that it really alarmed me. No-Rice diets will be ineffective if I wouldn't be coupling it with any physical activity.

I'm no gym addict nor do I think I will be. But times are kind of harsh and I think I have to accept that at least, I have to be in the gym for some exercise my body has been crying out for.

Thanks to a couple of my teammates (who were also dreaming of losing some weight), we were able to find a suitable activity for the three of us -- boxing. I know.. It's last thing that'll ever come into mind, from me and even from those people who know me. But from what I have heard, it's a cardio workout which I think will be very much beneficial for me.

Last Saturday, my teammates and I signed up for a class in Elorde Boxing Gym and spent our entire Saturday morning there. After our warm-up stretches and exercises, each of us was assigned a trainer. It was a one on one session and thankfully, my trainer was a little nice knowing how novice and exercise-deprived my body was. He took me lightly (which I'm sure will change in due time) and gave me a little leeway in the exercises. With all but less than a day in the gym, he was able to teach me a couple of moves, and made sure I was able to do them correctly.

I was taught how to jab, do a straight punch, an upper-cut move, etc. We practiced in slow motion with all but hand gloves on me. But a couple of breaks after, I was given the chance to the training gloves. No one told me that they were heavy!! Punching with the hand gloves on was fun. But with the added weight of the boxing gloves, wow.. now that's a work out. Not to mention, you would have to swing 'em in succession. That really strained my muscles and really tired me easily.

My muscles may hurt right now but something tells me that I'm going to enjoy this when the time comes. I can't wait to go back to the gym and do all everything all over again!

__________
** Photo by Digital Owl

Labels: ,

 

July 22, 2008 at 11:38 PM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uy i've been boxing too! it's a great workout! but really terrible on my hands.

kumusta ka na?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home