the.gipster: kaladkarin
 

Sunday, July 8, 2007

A First in A Long Time

Ever since things went sour between me and RED, I haven't found myself in a real date. Most often than not, I would usually look for RED's traits with whomever I was out with. Well, mean as I am, I would start tuning myself out of the date whenever I have confirmed that RED's traits weren't in anyway possessed by my date. Obviously, I wasn't ready to go back dating yet.

A couple of weeks ago, I met LM in a place where "worthwhile" people are a rarity. Getting the inkling that LM was worth a try, I gave in. Sooner than I knew it, we have decided to go out on a date.

Yesterday, as I was contemplating on my ensemble for the night, I thought that I shouldn't give too much effort in preparing for the date. For all I know, it's going to end up like the others -- a disaster.

While I was dressing up, it started raining. It was as if the weather was telling me that ugly things were up ahead. But I shrugged off that thought and hurriedly got into my clothes and into a cab to meet up with LM.

Before meeting up, LM and I have decided that we'd be on a non-fancy date. I didn't have problems with that; I was on a budget and that setup definitely works for me. LM kept on mentioning something about this place in Katipunan, near Ateneo, that I am not really familiar with -- Flaming Wings.

We drove off to the place, and to my surprise, on a Saturday night, it was full of people students. Well it's sitting right in front of Ateneo, what can I expect?!

I would have thought it was disaster #1 for the night if not for the good great food that they serve, buffalo wings are their specialty. I learned from LM, who is a CCA graduate, that before regular chicken wings can be called buffalo wings, special sauces should be used in the recipe. This triggered LM to talk about sauces and marinades and mixes which gave me a hard time getting into the conversation. One, I really don't know anything about those things and two, I was trying to divide my attention between the great food and what LM was talking about. :D

A couple minutes more, the place quieted down. And I got the chance to talk and know LM a little bit more. After dinner, we decided to have a few sips of coffee. Even though Starbucks is just a couple of hops away, we drove off to Cafe Bretton in Tomas Morato for a more peaceful atmosphere. We chatted the night away with just a couple, maybe one or two instances finding ourselves in the awkward situation of a having nothing else to say. At the struck of midnight, we decided to call it a night.

From Tomas Morato, I could have just taken the cab to head home. But for some reason, I walked with LM towards where the car was. Inside the car, I got what I didn't expect: I heard LM utter the words "I had fun." coupled with a hug and a two kisses.

... on the cheek!

That pretty much made my night. And for the first time in months, I think I have enjoyed my date. And yeah, I think I had a real date.

 

*****

 

When I got home, I was already hoping for a second date with LM. I SMS'd and asked: Can I see you again?

LM replied: We'll see, Giff. =)


So, where do I stand? I don't know. 

Labels: , ,

 

July 9, 2007 at 3:00 AM

Blogger admin said...

giff! i recognized the alpombra (tama ba, yung tsinelas?) pict sa header mo. One of your first picts with your first digicam, tama ba? with your pict entitled "Here They Come" (or something similar to that)

yey giff! =)

 

July 9, 2007 at 11:55 AM

Blogger gipster said...

yeap, tama ang hula mo, alpombra ang tawag sa tsinelas na yun at kuha siya sa first digicam ko. pero, mali ang title mo. hehe. title ko sa pic, "out ot play". ibang pic yung "here they come" hehe.

 

July 9, 2007 at 12:58 PM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Giffaloo!!!

See, a nice date on a Saturday is waaaay better than being on a camping trip with the bugs!!! May hug ka pa! Aaaaw!

 

July 9, 2007 at 1:42 PM

Blogger gipster said...

Hehehe.. sana lang may kasunod. May kutob ako na wala na. But anyway, a hug is still a hug. :)

ADIK! :)

 

July 9, 2007 at 6:15 PM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You deserve a good date! Kung walang follow up yan, josko, hanap ulit ng ibang date! :D

 

July 9, 2007 at 8:10 PM

Blogger gipster said...

awww.. thank you. ikaw na ang bagong pag-ibig ng buhay ko. hindi na si marge. hehehe.. love you marge!!

 

July 10, 2007 at 12:29 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ako pwede ba kadate?

 

July 10, 2007 at 1:13 AM

Blogger gipster said...

well, anyone's welcome. :)
hit me with your contact info. LOL.

 

July 10, 2007 at 11:08 AM

Blogger Jason said...

ay may segue, LOL! I love the new layout too! and keep posting!!!

 

July 10, 2007 at 2:32 PM

Blogger gipster said...

aww.. thanks! hahaha.. syempre, dapat may segue.. bakit ikaw, meron din naman ah! lol. :D

 

July 10, 2007 at 9:51 PM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been a long time lurker of your friends' blogs... i like your pics... maybe i'll like you!

 

July 11, 2007 at 9:27 AM

Blogger gipster said...

Anonymous.. Oh really? That's interesting. Well, what do you know, we like you already! :) Hehe.. Whose blogs have you been visiting? Anyway, Thank you for the compliment and thank you for dropping by! :D

 

July 13, 2007 at 11:00 PM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

talaga you like me already? katuwa naman? is there any way i can leave you my email address without broadcasting it to the whole wide web?

 

July 14, 2007 at 10:45 AM

Blogger gipster said...

Anonymous.. Drop me a line at

"the [dot] gipster [at] gmail [dot] com"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home