the.gipster: kaladkarin
 

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sorry, My Ears Got in the Way!

I am a regular customer of David's Salon in Glorietta. I came in today to get my hair done plus have my nails cleaned. Since I am a regular, I was hoping I'd catch the service of a Benjie. I prefer Benj for a handful of reasons, if not a lot. We have been friends since '97 and he has been doing my hair for two years now. Ever since he started cutting my hair I have never questioned nor complained with his service and style.

But due to a seminar that he was attending, Benj was out for the weekend. I was in dire need of a haircut, so I decided to take the risk and opt to have another stylist do my hair. I know that I don't have the most wonderful hair in the world. But I expect the same kind of service that is being given to me by Benj. I know the price I pay is not really that much compared to the likes of Tony & Guy, etc. But for a simple haircut that I just had, I think I should have just settled for a haircut by the barbershop that will only cost 40 freaking pesos.

Anyway, a GIRL stylist was assigned to do my hair. She asked me what I wanted and I tried explaining to her in detail what's in my head. When she started cutting, it felt like her hands were unsure of what she was doing. I have always been serviced by male stylists and whenever they touch my hair, I feel through their hands that they know what they are doing. This time, it was different. There's a feeling of uncertainty in her moves and in her hands. I tried shrugging it off, and thought that it's just her style of cutting hair. Just like what my mom would say, magaan lang ang kamay nun.

While she was cutting my hair, for some obscure reason that might have come from heaven, or maybe from hell, my ears decided to get in the way of her scissors to get cut. SORRY NAMAN!

I have regular-sized ears and I don't see any freaking reason why it would have got in the way of her scissors. If I am not mistaken, she tried calling her assistant (whom she kept on dismissing whenever they try to wait on her) to help her out, not in a way related to my haircut or styling hair but to actually hold a cotton ball and apply pressure in my ears to stop it from bleeding while she tries to finish doing my hair. GREAT.

I was so pissed that I wanted to get the haircut done as soon as possible. She tried doing some small talk but I couldn't help but flash a sharp stare at her conveying how pissed I am with her service. I should have gotten her name but I wasn't able to because I wanted to get out of the salon as soon as possible before I could have shaved shaved off her hair or maybe snip off her ears as well.

I used to get a good service in the salon when Benjie used to do my hair. And I don't expect a degradation of service when I am attended to by a different stylist. SH*T!

 I CAME TO THE SALON TO GET MY HAIR CUT BUT NOT MY EARS.

Labels:

 

September 3, 2007 at 3:59 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Balikan natin.. picturan tas ipost. hehe.

Call the salon and get her name.. ask for the girl who cut ears. :p

 

September 6, 2007 at 9:43 AM

Blogger gipster said...

gusto ko nga balikan. grrrr.. i wanna shave her head off! hihi..

 

September 6, 2007 at 9:35 PM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha natawa ako dito. sorry naman! (sinabi mo ba yan nung ginupitan ka na niya ng tenga? :D) ang x ha

 

September 6, 2007 at 11:26 PM

Blogger gipster said...

hahaha.. hindi no. sa sarili ko lang yun! hehe

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home