the.gipster: kaladkarin
 

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Two FUN-tabuluos Weekends

Two Saturdays ago, my sober nights ended when Mozzie started accepting gigs again. Mozzie graced Route 196 with their presence and their (as always) outstanding performance. It was that Saturday when I first saw Mozzie play with their new sessionistas, Francis and Che. Mozzie sounded good when they were 4, now that they're 6, they sound even better!!

ruby and giff patiently waiting
Ruby and me patiently waiting for Mozzie to play

ruby pa-sweet, giff patiently waiting
Ruby, pa-sweet. Giff, patiently waiting.

ruby the patient, giff patienly waiting
Ruby, the patient. Giff, still patiently waiting.

fifi, patiently waiting
Fifi tried to keep her composure while she waits
for their turn to play.

chrie, giff and fifi
Chrie poses for the cam to hide her excitement.

fifi and chrie, excited
Excitement soon breaks out of control in Fifi.

che and chrie
The breakout affected Che. Chrie still tries to
keep her composure intact.

mozzie play 2
Pam graces the audience with their new song "Shut It".

mozzie play 3
Fifi was so sizzling hot that night everyone was
taking pictures of her.

mozzie playing 1
Mozzie raps up their set with the ever ear lingering
Bolgia Six.

giff belat beer
"I have been sober for weeks now."

 

*****

 

Vida de Malate was on it's knees when a couple of bands together with their erm.. groupies literally rocked the house with their music and a lot of bouncing dancing.

Last Saturday, although Mozzie had a gig in Vida de Malate, I was at the verge of deciding not to go. I was in dire need of someone to go with rescue me from laziness but I was not sure who were coming. I could have SMS'd some friends, but for some reason my hands just wouldn't want to grab hold of my phone. Upon receipt of J's SMS asking me about my plans for the night, I was on my feet preparing for the long night ahead together with Mozzie.

J and I arrived at half past 10 in the bar where we met up with our other friends and of course, Mozzie. Pam and Fifi were jumping around like bunnies hugging me and J when we saw them. With my relationship with Pam, her attempt to take my shirt off was all but an act of affection rather than that of harassment. I soon saw Jill who was sitting by the table giving me a nod and an offer to drink up a bottle of everyone's best friend for the night, Red Horse. Marge was standing by another table opening her arms to me offering a hug saying, Hello. Add to that a warm-welcome-"beso" from Ruby coupled with more hugging and more harassment from Pam and Fifi. Well, if that wasn't the most tiresome welcome I had, it definitely was one hell of a warm welcome.

Mobster Manila played and warmed up the crowd since they started playing their first song. Pam and Fifi were dancing like crazy in front of the band when Jill found out that it was hell fun to dance waaaay at the back. It didn't take too much time before everyone drunk was there. Jumping Having fun.

Mozzie played 6 songs and everyone just kept asking for a couple more after the last one was played. They sang three additional songs which I think they really came prepared with.

We called it a night after we had our stop at Hap Chang where I had this giant bowl of corn soup with quail eggs. The medium-sized bowl was waaay to much for me which in fact I was planning to order the large bowl. Although it was one of those nights that I didn't get drunk after leaving a bar, I think I got drink with too much soup to take.

It was a fun night altogether. One, I saw my friends. I had one warm welcome. Two, I heard Mozzie play. Third, I saw Jill drunk for the first time! Hehehe.. :D

Labels: ,

 

August 1, 2007 at 6:52 PM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now i know

 

August 1, 2007 at 6:53 PM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Demn right! I was drunk! Haha!

It was fun fun fun!

 

August 2, 2007 at 1:45 AM

Blogger gipster said...

anonymous.. now you know.. um.. know what? hehehe.. :D

jill.. hahaha.. oh jill.. i so love seeing you drunk. diba, change of roles. ikaw ang drunk at ako naman ang sober! hehehehe.. **hugs**

 

August 2, 2007 at 1:44 PM

Blogger Fifi said...

hahaha... love ya, giffy! can't wait for pinatubo!

 

August 2, 2007 at 4:36 PM

Blogger Redjeulle said...

ang chaka ng picture ko mukha akong possessed. saya natin!

 

August 3, 2007 at 8:16 AM

Blogger gipster said...

fifi.. hehehe.. ako din! excited na ako.. saya nito! woohoo!

ruby.. LOL. sabi ko kasi seio picture tayo ng maayos eh, ikaw yung nag-me-make faces. lol. at least alam natin, wala tayong dull moment. LOL.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home